RSS

Welcome to my world....










Welcome! I am posting for the first time today, spending more time deciding how to start than actually writing I think! I've always journaled, never consistently and thats one of the things I hope to change! I enjoy surfing others blogs and decided that this was too cool a medium not to particpate in. So welcome to my world....






I'm a nana of two beautiful girls and their parents are "crunchy". Geez, when I was my daughters age I was called a hippie and an earth mama, now they're called crunchy, go figure. Anyway, at Christmas my daughter, Tabetha and son in law, Jeremy, announced to family and friends that they wanted only healthy and safe toys for the girls. Not a huge request, you'd think, but with all the news focused on unsafe toys made in China, Mark and I made it a point to walk through a major toy store and read labels. We were stunned. Surely Disney doesnt have their teething rings and rattles made in China! Well, yes they do! We decided the safest thing would be to create our own toys for the girls.We gave Ayla a wooden stove/sink combo for Christmas and decided to make her a matching frig for her birthday. (she turned 3 on April Fools Day!). I spent many hours creating food out of wool felt to fill the frig Pops was making her and we had a blast. The food and frig were so well received by Ayla and her friends, and of course their crunchy parents, that Nana's Toy Box was born.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A job well done... will continue to visit...

Jane said...

Yeah! It's terrific!