RSS

The to do list never ends

I worked an extra night this week and am totally off keel. Not sure what day it is half the time and feel like I slept the week away! I have a huge to do list to tackle and all I can do is knock it out one task at a time. A priority is to finish Ayla's ballerina Waldorf doll since it's her gift for the recital next week and we fly out Tuesday! Nothing major to finish on her, just the leotard closure and the ballet shoes. The I have to make Sophie something since I can't very well give one something and not the other! LOL! I love being a Nana! We stock our inventory this week and have veggies to finish for the market bag but hopefully, I can finish them at work. I should have done them instead of that cute little monkey but it was a nice distraction from food. I have a mini baby almost completed. He's minus one arm and then of course he needs a diaper and a little shirt and hat! I'll do a major cut for hand sewing to take with me next week, I'll at least be able to sew on the flights. We borrowed a little girl to model in the Adirondack chair and she is cute as a button. I have a basket of babies in various stages of completion and they stare at me with their lifeless eyes every time I walk by them! Mark teased me about me having the house organized, my yearly goal for the last 20+ years, by the time he comes home from CA, and I just laugh. Should would be nice though! Toys line the entry, Our dining room has become the cutting room, the living room is filled with projects in progress, and it's a shame since I have the most incredible craft room! Maybe the house WILL be organized when he comes home....I hope he isn't holding his breath, LOL. We got the paint for a custom order buggy last night and I'm so excited about the finished "vision" of it. Of course, added it to my to do list! Today is our anniversary and we celebrated last night. I gorged myself on Alaskan Snow Crab legs, yum! Mark made me a beautiful jewelry box from those pecan pieces given to him. His attention to detail never ceases to amaze me. The drawer is lacking the knobs which didn't arrive in time, but its beautiful as is! Ï had to laugh when I asked where he got the felt to line the top box and he said off my sewing table, LOL! Like I would miss anything in the jumble! So my handcrafted jewelry box is lined with wool felt, all natural for sure!

0 comments: