RSS

32 days and counting

Mark flew to CA from Asheville on Friday and I flew home yesterday and I'm lonely already. Mark being gone has left a huge void in my life and it's compounded by having spent a wonderful 4 days with Tabetha, Jeremy, Ayla, and Sophie....and today I'm alone. We enjoyed Ayla's first recital, I was thrilled to rock Sophie to sleep, and how fun it is to share Ayla's vivid imagination and play with her. She is totally into monsters and I think I will make her one to stick in the mail this week. My flights home were nerve wracking, terrible turbulence on the first leg and I stuck my fingers with a sewing needle more times than I can count. I had to share my seat with the left butt cheek of a very large woman on my second leg and decided risking sticking her equally large arm with a needle was too great and so I just dozed. With explicit directions from Mark on how to get back across the bay from the airport, I still got lost and decided an old toothless man was a safe bet to ask for directions. I hesitate to mention that it was not the best part of Norfolk to get lost in! He had me follow him until I got to my turn and he waved me, assuring me that this road would "take you all the way to Jew Jersey if you want to go there baby." It took me to the tunnel and that's all I cared about, the rest of the way is a straight shot. I figured out how to set the timer on the coffee pot but got up before it went off, the dogs are confused because Dad isn't home, and while I usually love the quiet of silence, the house is deafening still with my love gone. Granted, I have 32 days to accomplish a lot of my goals, organizing some of this house on the top of the list. Mark teased me about coming home to find the dining room floor to ceiling babies and I still chuckle at the thought of a huge rainbow pile of babies waiting for him, LOL! When I couldn't find my flight info, Tabetha made the comment that she didn't know how I survived "before Mark" and to be honest, I don't know. Sheesh, I even had to make my own cup of coffee today! Hehe. I went to the market today, got enough food to sustain me for a week; I'll make a pot of pasta and it'll last me all week! I finished sewing another tiny monkey today and will have to cut another piggie since Ayla claimed the one I made while I was in Asheville. She kept a constant watch on the progress and continually wanted to know "when Ayla's piggie" would be finished. I think she needs two more since we had a marvelous time sharing our version of the 3 little pigs story! Two more days off from work and I hope to be productive and get a lot done! Here's hoping....

0 comments: