RSS

We Are Home!

Well, we made it. 5 days, 3000+ miles, tired and sore, but we are home. We finished up AZ in the morning, entered Southern California and spent the day traveling north. The views were spectacular, as they have been on most of our trip.
Since we found our house online, we really had no idea of what or where we were moving but the town looks good so far and our house will be doable for the next year or two! The yard needs some work but it is small and the pups loved exploring every inch of it. There is some kind of nut tree in the back yard and considering the massive orchards of pistachio and almond trees we passed(not to mention the many roadside farm stands selling the same!), I'm hoping it is one of the two! We found our that our household goods have been delayed (let me put on my surprised face) and might not be here until Monday. Won't give Mark a lot of time to assemble things but we'll make do. We always do! We found Walmart last night and got a coffee pot and a few odds and ends to tie us over, loved having it only 3 miles up the highway. I might add, the Jelly Belly Factory is right next to the Walmart which is hidden away, out of sight, and by itself! The library is right down the road and looked fairly decent. It will be nice to have a good library near me again! We plan on checking out Mark's new station today, exploring the area, and maybe finding a new couch! Mark bought us each a map of the area and I have already scribbled on mine. I am afraid I will get lost getting out of the neighborhood! LOL.


0 comments: