RSS

Nana's Toy Box is Back in Business

Mark flew out to Virginia last Wednesday to finish up his time there and I have been busy putting our home together. OK, so tell me my priorities are skewed but I was determined to unpack and organize my craft and sewing rooms first. The dining room and master bedroom remain piled high with boxes and unpacked things waiting to be put away but I am happy to say the craft room and the sewing room are both done. Two rooms you ask? Well, it's like this. One room held both but sewing supplies spilled over into other rooms. We also had a separate shipping center that needed to be melded into my new space. The extra bedrooms in our new house are small, so it only made sense to use two of them for crafts and sewing. The spare room was stacked to the ceiling with boxes so as I unpacked them, it was easy to place them in the correct rooms. It was so wonderful hearing my sewing machine hum today and I was able to make some cloth doll diapers I had an order for. I also have a lady wanting to collaborate with me in her Hyena Store. She will use my Chinese dinner to help market her Chinese print smocks and I am happy to say, my inventory is all unpacked and organized so I can send her the dinner on time.

My craft room. Everything has a place!



My sewing room. Holds the computer I use for my embroidery machine and also holds my stock of fabric and inventory. I will put my cutting table in when its cleared off of things waiting to be put away!



I have a huge void in my life while apart from Mark but I'm trying to use my time productively. I've not ventured out much except to run to Joanns Fabric, the library, and the grocery store. I did have a dead battery issue with Marks truck, but after struggling to open the hood (note to self, do not park the front of the truck so close to the wall) and hooking it up to his battery charger, I was able to start the darn thing and run my errands. Rewarded myself with a Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks after the greasy ordeal, lol. Any excuse, right?
I am so in love with the area and have enjoyed the trips to the grocery store and examining and trying the large variety of food available here. I want to try everything! I found the most delicious bread and think it's a keeper. It's french bread but shaped and sliced like a regular loaf of bread and I eat it constantly. I know, I know, this is nothing new to those of you who live in cities, but I have lived in the rural south for 20+ years and I am so thrilled to have the many conveniences you all probably take for granted. Tomorrow I will start our bedroom and hopefully clean out a lot of the stuff we no longer want, need, or use.

0 comments: