RSS

Beauty Overload




Mark and I are home, safe in our own nest and we had a wonderful time being tourists in San Fransisco. The coast is absolutely beautiful and we spent hours driving the coastline. I was in awe of the unspoiled beauty on the west coast. They can sure teach the East Coast how to preserve such stunning land. We drove for miles without seeing any condo's or houses, or other view altering buildings and we were struck by how blemished the coast was. We loved China Town and ventured into a little cafe for lunch, we walked until out feet hurt at Fisherman's Wharf and I couldn't leave San Fransisco without riding a trolley up and down the hill through China Town. Mark graduated from class Wednesday night and after he insisted we couldn't call in sick, we enjoyed a great meal and nice ceremony. I was just ready for him to finish and come home! I have to say, I will never again fly US Airways, their customer service has to be the worse I have ever dealt with. Delay upon delay, gate changes only to find we still had no plane. Ok, now we have a plane but sat there in the heat of Philly waiting for luggage. They were quick to pass the buck and the blame, everyone was to blame but their organization. I had no seat assignment on the overbooked plane and was fortunate to get an assignment at the gate. When I landed in SF initially, departing the plane was held up due to the emergency slide inflating upon docking. A minor inconvenience but I should have recognized the foreshadowing, LOL! To see Mark made it worth it and I loved spending the week with him creating new memories, experiencing new things, and feeling his touch again....but it's good to be home....

0 comments: