RSS

Wow, It's been a month!

I can't believe I have allowed a month to slide by without posting on my blog! It hasn't been laziness; it's been adjusting to being back on night shift and then trying to cram a million things into my time off. I hope Mark doesn't feel as neglected as the blog! I worked Wednesday, Thursday, Friday nights for so long, I've really had to adjust to changing schedules every week, Saturday nights, and goodness knows what else! I love my new job, enjoy the people I work with, and am slowly, but surely learning the way they do things. Somethings are similar, somethings quite different. Anyway, enough excuses...
I have several projects in the works, a farm tote for Sophie for Christmas that played havoc with my sewing machine. Okay, so some operator error played into the problems, but isn't that always the case? Once I put the right needle in, we moved along pretty quickly. All the pieces are complete, now to just finish the assembly, wrap it, and stow it away for Christmas. The tote is a fold out barn where Sophie will be able to play with the "paper doll" type animals and farmer. Complete with tractor! I hopefully will finish it this week and will post pictures!
Also have a "purse" project going for Ayla. It too is a labor of love. That really means VERY time consuming! The purse consists of 7 or 8 pages, each has pockets to hold the various accessories! I don't foresee it's completion for awhile!
I picked up some orange bags at Michael's and decided they'd be perfect for Trick or Treat bags. At least that project is done!


Ayla started preschool this past week and I decided to make her a tissue pouch to throw in her bookbag. It turned out to be a quick and easy project, oh yea, and fun, and have made several since! I think they'd be perfect for stocking stuffers!

Tabetha listed her felted purse that I lined for her (see previous post) and it sold within minutes of being listed. I told her not to make the same color again since that was the end of that fabric! HA!
Jacqueline and her hubby have decided to move to California and will be staying with us until they get on their feet. Mark and I were concerned about giving up our spare room so we moved my sewing room into the unused living room and wow, do I have space now! The kids will be able to use the spare room for their bedroom and then use my old sewing room as a sitting room, for TV, privacy, computer time, etc. We plan on getting a futon for that room and it will serve as our spare room too! I'm so brilliant sometimes it scares me.
Til next time...

0 comments: