RSS

Transition Time

Well, its official, I got offered the job I wanted and now I need to transition into going back to work, and back to work at night! I have thoroughly enjoyed the past 3 1/2 months of not working but it's time and I found a hospital and ER that I believe will fit me perfectly. I start hospital orientation tomorrow and it will run for three days this week. Then it will be time to orient in the ER and get back to what I love, ER nursing.
I spent the week sewing; two custom babies are in the works, a dress for Sophie completed, an outfit for Ayla completed, and a custom order for a dress completed, packaged and ready to mail. I also have been working on baby gifts since Mark will have 4 coasties having (or wives having in some cases) babies, (one was born Friday morning, 3 more to go). I decided to make each a set of embroidered personalized blanket, an embroidered onsie, and a burp pad, of course, embroidered!

Sophie's Dress. A tweaked "pillowcase dress". One, its not made from a pillowcase, and two, I didn't like the standard ribbon straps nor the way the arm holes are normally done on them, so I reinvented it to suit my needs.

Ayla's outfit. The top buttons in the back, capri's for the bottoms!

The custom order dress I completed this week. Someone saw pictures of the grandbabies in their frog dresses and asked Tabetha where she got them, the rest if history. Yep, same fabric I used for Ayla's outfit!

Friday night music at the waterfront was once again incredibly fun! The band played cajun blues and man, that fiddler was totally awesome! Sorry about the video being sideways... I'm learning!


We went to San Fransisco yesterday to attend the Renegade Fair, 200 crafters from all over the country had booths. Too many booths of jewelry and of TShirts for me, but we did see some nice stuff! It was a thrill seeing some of the craft bloggers that I follow religiously, one of my favorites: Inside a Black Apple . We went to the movies last night, complete with popcorn! A splurge for sure during our self imposed year of frugality! But it was a nice way to end the day.

0 comments: