RSS

Catching Up


Pocket Monsters

After two months of working many extra shifts, planning and attending an out of state wedding, keeping up with our store and custom orders, and a craft fair, I was somehow under the impression that Christmas would be delayed for my benefit. It didn't work out that way! Mark, thankfully, shopped, stuffed stockings, and prepared packages for mailing. The girls and their men are getting VISA gift cards but I was determined to handcraft the grand babies presents. What is done will go, the rest will be late! Maybe the 12 days of Christmas AFTER Christmas should be a new tradition. Every time I thought I mailed "the last order", more came in. While I'm not complaining about having a profitable Christmas season, I'm venting because as usual, my time management skills suck. I don't think I realized how well we'd do selling our toys and didn't take into account my own grand babies needed the same non-toxic toys! LOL. Anyway, I finished a few, others are in progress, and some only visions in my mind! BUT, on a positive note...every one of my custom orders went out in a timely fashion and the feedback is good! Monsters were a big hit and I've had requests to restock so some may purchase "the entire set". Chuckling to myself because they were totally "winged" and now I'll have to try to replicate them so people have "complete sets". I finished Sophie's pocket monster set, tiny little guys that will fit in her chubby little hands, complete with a drawstring bag, embroidered with monsters, of course. Ayla will start with a set of finger puppets, also in their own bag. Maybe my grand babies will be more organized than I. I have a few more of the finger puppets to make, they're rather time consuming but so darn cute. Mark delivered two babies for me yesterday and I have one more to deliver, but it's done! I made Ayla a super hero cape and mask and Sophie has a set of Elf Skittles (bowling set). Just for the record, NERF balls are made in the USA! We decided a soft NERF ball was a better choice than a wooden ball, thinking it will do less damage when thrown instead of rolled.

Bye Bye Baby Lucas

Bye Bye Babies
Noel and Holly

0 comments: