RSS

Home Again, home again



We are finally home after a long but wonderful week. We left August 8th and headed to Asheville to help Sophie celebrate her 1st birthday. Sister Ayla was more than happy to help open presents, help make the cake, and help blow out the candle on the sandcastle cake!


It was wonderful spending time with them, Ayla amazed us, as usual with her conversations, what a smart little girl she is! We won't see them again before their move to Colorado but hopefully it won't be too long before we spend time together again. Sophie loved helping Nana cut out piggie parts too!




We headed to Florida and spent two days with my mom and helped celebrate her 70th birthday. Dinner at Red Lobster with her, her friend Lu, Jacqueline and her honey Jeff, Adrian, and her honey Brian. Lots of laughing for sure!


While at my mom's, I found a sweet lady named Yuki. Yuki helped translate some Japanese Craft books that I have and her help was incredibly helpful and greatly appreciated. Adrian, Mark and I did our yearly splurge at Joanns Super Store and I couldn't wait to get home to use some of my new fabric! Waldo Walrus is made from some of the half priced fleece we picked up!




Sophie and I cut out parts for some little piggies before I left Asheville and I sewed the entire trip to FL and the entire trip home. the result was four little piggies. Only three arrived back in Virginia since my mom adopted one little guy.


Aren't their little hineys cute!

2 comments:

Cat said...

Those piggies are too cute! The color on the walrus is perfect!

The Hedrick Clan said...

lkxrpgsWAH! I miss you guys