RSS

The Craft Room Fairy Finally Came.... and her name is Nana!

I decided it was time to clean my craft room after I had to start walking over things to get to one of the sewing machines. The pathways dwindled to one narrow one, full of obstacles and I felt if i didn't do something quickly, i would lose more than my creativity, I would also my sanity. I happened upon a craft Room Disasters thread on a craft board and I was surprised to find that everyone posting was as disorganized and messy as I was. They had the nerve to post before and after pictures and I thought, wow, they have guts sharing their chaos! Then I made the decision to share my own because now that I've spent the day cleaning, sorting, and purging, purging, and more purging, I'm quite proud of my accomplishment. I had spent Sunday sorting, boxing, labeling, and shelving fabric, deciding that my craft room wasn't the place to store it. A set of shelves were put up in my office and the banker boxes house each type of fabric marvelously!
BEFORE






AFTER














Fabric
One set of shelves house my fabric, the other my inventory.

Even my rubberstamps are organized in pizza boxes, perfect size! The closet holds mostly misc stuff that I don't use everyday.




I'm ashamed that I let my beautiful room get so out of hand since lack of storage certainly isn't an excuse I could use. 21 days make a habit and i sure do need to practice putting things away when I am done with them. i removed the table since it served more as a dumping ground than a work surface, i have a In Progress box that can temporarily store projects in the works. i also have a bankers box for patterns and instructions waiting to be filed in notebooks. i may take awhile to file them, but at least they are consolidated and not scattered through the house. All in all, I am incredibly proud of my efforts today and look forward to using the room tomorrow to create!

3 comments:

Jane said...

Now that is really something to be proud of! It's so much easier to work in an organized place.

anne parks said...

When are you coming to clean and organize my house??? LOL

The Hedrick Clan said...

DAMN! I am impressed!!!!