RSS

Home Binder

This week I am only working one night due to a change in scheduling (yelling yippee quietly so my boss doesn't hear me) and so I can actually have a fairly normal, normal for me, schedule. I wanted to clarify some things about my planner; a discussion with my daughter made me realize that some things should not be assumed!

As I have previously said, I use a calendar for appointments, scheduled tasks, errands (vet visits, etc) and my work schedule. Anything else that has a specific time and/or day goes in the calendar. I use the weekly pages to list tasks from my running master list that I think I can accomplish, errands, I will jot notes, list the steps I want to complete in my ongoing projects, etc.

I use my planner for planning, my business plans, my master lists, my blog ideas, etc as we discussed in the previous post. I know people who list their household chores, which room to clean on which day, what closet to organize, when to do laundry. When I was a young mom, I did that too. Now I clean when its dirty, launder when I need clothes, I no longer need those lists! HA! Something to be said for getting old, haha. I don't want to clog up my planner with that kind of stuff nor do I want to carry around my meal plans for the week, nor do I want to carry around the passwords for everything! If I'm going to call the vet, I do it from home, no need to carry extra stuff in my planner. (I will jot the need to call and then the date of an appt in my super duper planner though!) So where do all those home things go?
My Home Binder!

The binder lives in a kitchen cabinet with the binder of recipes I use on a very regular basis, especially the ones from Pinterest that are a hit!

 

I do my menu plans in the binder, I have 6 pages of plans so if I'm not feeling creative (which is more often than not), I can pull a prior plan!

The binder has pocket pages, one of which I stuff file the recipes I need for the week.
 

I also keep a business card page that I keep all my certification cards (I loved the look of pleasure when I handed the whole page over to the HR person when I got hired at my job here. No scrambling and digging through a wallet for this chick!). I have a list of passwords and user names for important web sites. These are for not only me and my memory problems but for whomever might need them for whatever reason and my daughter knows where the list is!

0 comments: