RSS

Spring Time Sewing

I have only a few days before I fly to Virginia to meet up with Mark, will spend a week and then we'll rent a UHaul to tote the rest of our belongings to our new home in California. I can't wait to see my honey, for sure. I have had the sewing machine humming this week, trying to get some things done because I know once I come home, it will be job hunting and then working. I made sundresses for the girls, same pattern, coordinating fabric and I think they will look adorable in them! I have some more fabric to make Ayla another outfit since Nana wants her to have some new outfits to start preschool in August.

I finally made a practive block to try my hand at free motion machine quilting and after a half dozen broken needles, I finally got my hand speed to coordinate with the speed of the machine and I don't think this first try is too shabby.

I'm not one to waste time practicing, I like to walk the edge and jump headlong into things. Sometimes I fall flat on my face, but not always! I decided to make myself a new bag before I leave Friday morning and had these beautiful spring like charm packs. Okay, so I jumped head first into quilting it, pondering the fact that I may make a total mess of it and waste this beautiful fabric. I am certainly not a quilter by any stretch of the imagination but I have to tell you, I have discovered the love of "drawing on fabric with a needle" and I know once I get some more practice in, it will add an awesome addition to my creations! This panel is just the front of the bag and admittedly, I impressed myself with the quilting! I hope to finish the back tomorrow and get it assembled.

0 comments: